PLEASE NOTE THE NEXEN TOTAL CARE WARRANTY PROGRAM CEASED ON 30 JUNE 2017. THE WARRANTY ONLY APPLIES TO REGISTERED NEXEN TYRES PURCHASED AS A SET OF 4 TYRES FROM AN AUTHORISED NEXEN DEALER DURING THE PERIOD 1 APRIL 2016 TO 30 JUNE 2017.
NEXEN TYRES SOLD IN AUSTRALIA (AS PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS) WILL BE COVERED UNDER THE NEXEN TOTAL CARE PROGRAM GIVING YOU ABSOLUTE PEACE OF MIND
By choosing NEXEN Tyres you have certainly made a right decision. What you would not want in life is for your expensive tyres to be destroyed by unexpected road hazards such as nails, debris and potholes.
NEXEN wants your driving experience on NEXEN Tyres to be the best at all times!
Therefore, at a cost not to exceed $25.00 (incl. GST), NEXEN offers you benefits under the NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program (as detailed in these terms) as a means to say thank you for purchasing NEXEN tyres.
The NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program consists of the following benefits:
- 2 Year Road Hazard Warranty
- 2 Year Roadside Assistance
A. Terms of the NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program – Defined Terms
‘Authorised NEXEN Dealer’ means a tyre dealer authorised to sell and fit NEXEN Tyres within Australia.
‘Road Hazard Tyre Damage’ means accidental damage caused to a NEXEN Tyre due to unseen road hazards such as punctures, accidental cuts, accidental curb damage, impact breaks (e.g. potholes) and other damage caused by unforeseen road hazards (but excluding an Unauthorised Event).
‘NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program Registration’ means the registration process detailed in these terms at item 3 under ‘A. Terms & Conditions of the NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program’.
‘NEXEN’ means Tyremax Pty Ltd (ACN 111 414 218) of 1 Heyington Avenue, Thomastown, Victoria.
‘NEXEN Tyre’ means any NEXEN branded tyre, other than any TBR (Truck and Bus Radial) tyre larger than 17.5” in diameter (inclusive of 17.5”), that is the subject of a NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program Registration.
‘Registration Details’ means:
(a) your contact details, being your name, address, contact phone and email details;
(b) your vehicle registration details, vehicle make, model & mileage (to which the NEXEN Tyres had been fitted to by an Authorised NEXEN Dealer); and
(c) the NEXEN Tyres purchased, including pattern, size & tyre pressures (if applicable).
‘Tyre Tread’ means the depth of tyre tread remaining on a NEXEN Tyre, the subject of a claim under the NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program, at the time of claim (based & measured on the manufacturer’s new tread depth specifications).
‘Unauthorised Event’ means damage caused to a NEXEN Tyre due to:
(a) mechanical and/or wheel alignment issues;
(b) under-inflation, over-inflation, and/or improper maintenance;
(c) vandalism or other intentional damage;
(d) competition/racing and/or commercial/industrial use;
(e) using a NEXEN Tyre on an unsealed road surface or in off-road conditions.
‘You’ or ‘you’ means the original purchaser of the NEXEN Tyres from an Authorised NEXEN Dealer.
B. Terms of the NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program – General
The NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program:
- only applies to NEXEN Tyres purchased as a set of 4 tyres from an Authorised NEXEN Dealer during the period 1 April 2016 to 30 June 2017;
- is not transferrable i.e. only entitles you to its benefits;
- only applies if you have paid a participation fee (not to exceed $25.00 incl. GST) to the Authorised NEXEN Dealer that you purchased the NEXEN Tyres from, and, within 14 days of purchase, registered your purchase of NEXEN Tyres online providing all Registration Details as part of that registration process, at https://nexenaustralia.com.au/total-care-2/;
- does not apply to any NEXEN Tyre removed from the original vehicle on which it was fitted by an Authorised NEXEN Dealer at the time of purchase;
- does not apply to a NEXEN Tyre damaged due to an Unauthorised Event;
- does not provide compensation for loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage caused;
- does not apply or extend to a vehicle’s rims or other componentry; and
- is provided in addition to your rights as a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law.
Being an optional warranty (i.e. a warranty in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer law), the NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program shall only apply if each of the above matters are fully satisfied whether or not you were aware of, or made aware of, the terms and conditions of the NEXEN Program either prior to, at the time of, or subsequent to your purchase of a set of 4 NEXEN Tyres from an Authorised NEXEN Dealer.
C. Terms – 2 Year Road Hazard Warranty
What is covered?
For any NEXEN Tyre purchased that is damaged beyond repair due to Road Hazard Tyre Damage, NEXEN will replace the NEXEN Tyre damaged (unless NEXEN or its Authorised NEXEN Dealer elect to repair the NEXEN Tyre damaged) with a new comparable NEXEN Tyre within 2 years of purchase.
In the case of a repair being carried out, you shall be responsible for all charges involved in the removal, repair and fitting of the NEXEN Tyre to your vehicle.
In the case of a replacement NEXEN Tyre, you shall be responsible for (1) all charges involved in the removal and fitting of the NEXEN Tyre to your vehicle, and (2) the following pro-rata charges:
(a) in the case of a NEXEN Tyre having a Tyre Tread greater than 50%, no charge;
(b) in the case of a NEXEN Tyre having a Tyre Tread of between 30% and 50%, a charge equal to 50% of the replacement tyre cost;
(c) in the case of a NEXEN Tyre having a Tyre Tread of between 15% and 30%, a charge equal to 70% of the replacement tyre cost; and
(d) in the case of a NEXEN Tyre having a Tyre Tread of between 10% and 15%, a charge equal to 80% of the replacement tyre cost.
What is not covered?
NEXEN Tyre damage caused by an Unauthorised Event or NEXEN Tyres having a Tyre Tread of less than 10%.
Claim process – qualifications & exclusions
- A claim must be made to any Authorised NEXEN Dealer within 2 years from the date of purchase.
- A claim must be made by completing a claim form (to be supplied by the Authorised NEXEN Dealer), together with (1) evidence of NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program Registration, and (2) the original customer invoice the subject of the NEXEN Tyres purchase.
- NEXEN or its Authorised NEXEN Dealer may elect to repair a NEXEN Tyre unless the tyre is deemed unserviceable (e.g. unable to be repaired by a repair patch or similar).
- NEXEN or its Authorised Dealer has the right to inspect a NEXEN Tyre, the subject of a claim under this warranty, to assess and verify eligibility for the claim.
- NEXEN Tyres replaced in accordance with this warranty become the property of NEXEN.
D. Terms – 2 Year Roadside Assistance
What is covered?
For any NEXEN Tyre purchased, you will enjoy a 2 year free roadside assistance (from the date of purchase) for any Road Hazard Tyre Damage you encounter with your NEXEN Tyre. In such a case, help is on its way!
Roadside assistance can be accessed by way of a dedicated phone line 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in Australia.
What is not covered?
Damage caused to a NEXEN Tyre due to an Unauthorised Event, or roadside assistance required due to an event other than Road Hazard Tyre Damage.
Claim process – qualifications & exclusions
- A request for roadside assistance may be made by you within 2 years from the NEXEN Tyre purchase date.
- A request for roadside assistance must be substantiated, if requested, by (1) evidence of NEXEN TOTAL CARE Program Registration, and (2) the original customer invoice the subject of the NEXEN Tyres purchase.
- Roadside assistance provided to you as a result of either (1) damage caused to a NEXEN Tyre due to an Unauthorised Event, or (2) an event other than Road Hazard Tyre Damage, will be at your own cost. To the extent that NEXEN incurs a cost associated with roadside assistance provided as a result of such an event, you must reimburse to NEXEN such cost immediately on demand.
- You must comply with all requirements of the roadside assistance provider, as advised from time to time.
- NEXEN Tyres replaced as a consequence of roadside assistance provided become the property of NEXEN.
If you have any questions, or have any general enquiries, please contact us here.
Terms & Conditions updated 22.01.2018